|| At Charles Tyrwhitt (pronounced "Tirrit") we endeavour to produce the finest menswear, with timeless style and no compromise on quality. To top this off we provide exemplary customer service, with smashing prices and a pinch of British charm thrown in for good measure.
I started the business back in 1986 (my full name is Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler) because I thought I could make a better shirt than anybody else. Since those humble origins, we’ve made a commitment to ensure all our menswear is built to last, using only the finest materials sourced from every corner of the globe, not to mention local producers here in Britain.
Over the years we have developed our range to include everything from formal shirts to separates, suits and shoes, in addition to a casual collection, knitwear and accessories. At our core we aim to offer you the best customer service we can, to keep you feeling tremendous, not to mention looking it too. We believe so strongly in our products that we offer a full, no questions asked, six-month guarantee - no matter what condition the item is in.
As a member of the store management team, the Supervisor will assist the Assistant Manager and Store Manager with the efficient operation of the store and to ensure customers receive outstanding service at all times, in order to meet store targets.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
• Managing the day to day operations of the store, including opening and closing procedures
• Leading, motivating and developing the team
• Delegating tasks
• Monitoring the team’s performance
• Act as a role model in advanced selling techniques
• Motivates the team to provide the highest level of customer service at all times
• Sets customer service expectations and gives constructive feedback when these are not met
• Manages any escalated customer objections successfully
• Full understanding of all store sales targets and KPIs and how they can be achieved
• Communicates targets and KPI’s to the sales team and motivates and encourages achievement
• Provides feedback and suggests improvements to Store Manager on commercial opportunities
• Knowledgeable of additional services offered by CT, relays them to customers, and encourages the team to do the same
• Supports colleagues with achieving targets and increasing sales
• Assists in the day-to-day retail operations to maximise performance from the sales team
• Supports store management with people processes
• Encourages development of staff by giving on-the-spot training on product knowledge, procedures, etc.
• Takes responsibility to ensure that company health & safety policy is adhered to
• Takes responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement
QUALITY WITH VALUE MATTERS
• Has a thorough understanding of the CT offer and retail mission statement.
• Check window displays regularly and ensure standards are maintained at all times.
• Adhere to Company administration procedures and practices (including EPOS and till procedures).
• Follow security and cash handling procedures to prevent theft from the store.
• Undertake “close to open policy” and strive to achieve flagship store standards.
• Ensure merchandise is properly handled, labelled and priced to minimise losses and damage
• Ensure retail visual guidelines and standards are maintained on the shop floor and windowS
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
• Leadership abilities
• Commercial focus
• Professional and reliable
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, at all levels
• Ability to quickly build rapport with customers and staff
• Flexible and adaptable
• Able to use Initiative
• Work well as part of a team
• Must be well groomed and well presented at all times
• Customer service experience necessary
• Proven ability to deliver sales
• Previous retail management experience preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of KPI’s essential, including conversion, UPT, ATV, margin, data capture etc.
• IT skills, including Word and Excel
• Tailoring experience preferred but not essential
• Language skills an advantage but not essential