|| Dry lining Apprentice
CSCS card holder
Salary – TBC
Four days on site, one day college release
Are you looking to start a new career in the construction industry? Are you driven and motivated?
Your work will involve a ‘fixing' stage, followed by a ’finishing' stage.
At the 'fixing’ stage, you’ll:
• measure and cut plasterboard to the right sizes and angles
• fix panels to timber, metal frames or ceiling joists using special studs
• cut panels to fit around doorways and create openings for windows
You’ll then ‘finish’ the walls by:
• sealing joints using filler or adhesive
• taping over the seal either by hand or with a taping machine
• applying a thin layer of plaster over the tape (skimming)
• sanding down the area ready for painting and decorating
No formal requirements, but it’s useful to have GCSEs (grade A*-C) in English and Maths. Good numeracy skills and attention to detail are essential as you’ll be calculating surface areas and volumes.
You'll be working on a large scale development alongside other craftspeople, such as joiners and painting & decorators.
*** LBHF residents are actively encouraged to apply ***